Policies and Agendas
Board of Directors:
The Workforce Development Board of Contra Costa County is a unique public/private partnership providing oversight for federally funded workforce programs in Contra Costa County, excluding the City of Richmond.
The Board brings together private sector leaders, economic development, public agencies, education, labor, and community-based organizations to focus on local and regional workforce development and related community issues.
View Current & Past Agendas
Plans and Policies:
Contra Costa County’s Local Plan Vision supports a network that creates and promotes dynamic education systems, high-performing businesses, and a prosperous local economy with an abundance of high-quality jobs and skilled workers to fill them. This vision is being realized through strategies such as:
• Analysis of the local and regional economy and priority industry sectors;
• Development and expansion of relationships with businesses and individuals from these priority sectors;
• Creation of a regional workforce intermediary organization that links, aligns and leverages the collective assets of all partners;
• Investment in initiatives that prepare workers for entry into career-pathway jobs; and
• Strengthening relationships with CTE providers and other networks to effectively leverage resources.