Description: We provide layoff and outplacement services to your business through our Rapid Response team, which is a cooperative effort between the Local Workforce Development Area Rapid Response Coordinator, America’s Job Center of California (AJCC), and the Employment Development Department (EDD).
Rapid Response teams assist employers and workers during a mass layoff or plant closing by disseminating information about the adult and dislocated worker programs available under Title I of the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA), the America’s Job Center of California (AJCC), and Unemployment Insurance programs.
The primary purpose of Rapid Response is to enable affected workers to return to work as quickly as possible following a layoff or to prevent layoffs altogether.
Benefits to Employers:
- Higher productivity and worker morale and lower absenteeism during a layoff event due to reduced stress
- Lower unemployment insurance costs as workers are re-employed more quickly when services are begun prior to layoff
- Better public relations for an employer – Rapid Response can work with the media to highlight services an employer is providing to its workers during a layoff period
- If the dislocation is the result of foreign competition or foreign relocation, the dislocated worker may be eligible for assistance, income support, job search assistance/relocation and/or training under the Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA)
Benefits to Employees:
- Work-site informational sessions covering unemployment insurance, community resources, small business/entrepreneurship, reemployment, career options and training opportunities
- Assessment of job readiness
- Job search, job placement, and resume prep assistance
- Career guidance and access to labor market information
- Help to prepare for interviews
- Access to networking groups
- Referrals to area employers that are hiring
- Focused career fairs
- WARN Provisions
Eligibility: Any employer in Contra Costa County laying off 50 or more employees. The employer must be a W2 employer and not an employer who pays commission only or a 1099 contractor.
How do I get started? Complete this form to have a Business Services team member reach out to you. If you prefer, you can email Rapid Response Coordinator Charles Brown III at firstname.lastname@example.org.